Emacs4Developers - the demo
The emacs4developers tutorial now has videos to illustrate the emacs basics.
Some times ago I wrote a tutorial for developers who want to improve their Emacs skills and adapt the editor to their needs.
Therefore, I also created a full session in video that covers some important points:
- Setup: launch Emacs with a special config file, execute a command and open a file
- Basic editing: edit text, select regions, copy&paste, comment&uncomment regions and save a file
- Searching: search text in a buffer or in a project
- Windows and buffers: open windows and navigate through buffers
- Dired mode: Emacs as a file manager
- Shell mode: Emacs as your shell with extended features (execute commands on region …)
I uploaded this video on two different platforms (they are small sites and can be down sometimes …):
Thanks for watching!